It's Challenge Time! №5

Hi, my friend!

This week I completed the challenge again!

This time I decided to choose a challenge not from my list. I really liked the challenge performed by Nastya Ostapenko. She read a poem to a stranger. I decided to do the same!

Стихотворение «В. Солоухин "Здравствуйте" Читает Алексей Козлов ...

To start, I had to choose a poem. In lessons in the practice of oral and written speech, we had the task to learn Ridyard Kipling's poem "If".

You can see the text here:

So I was looking for a victim again on my way to the store (Oh, God, the store again... :D ). I saw a nice old lady standing by the door. I went up to her and said "Good morning!". She smiled and returned the greeting. I told her: "I want to read you a poem! But I want to warn you right away that it will be in English." The woman was confused, but said that she would very much like to hear a poem in a foreign language.

After I told her the poem, she looked at me with admiration and secretly wiped away her tears. I asked her why she was crying. She said that she was so impressed with me and that I had the courage to tell the poem to a stranger. She really liked my performance! I even blushed a little at such pleasant words... :)

After this challenge, I was satisfied with myself and my courage! I wonder if I can tell a poem to a huge audience of thousands of people... What do you think?

I will be very happy to see your comments!

Комментарии