Clarifying Your Purpose

Nice to meet you here!

This time we were given a very important task - to choose a topic for a persuasive speech. I think that the theme for my speech will be eSports and its importance in modern society.

- Why should I want to talk about this?

Today, many people have come across such a concept as eSports, or at least heard this word. That is why I want to widely and thoroughly disclose this topic so that my listeners recognize and, possibly, become interested in this area in society.

- Why should anybody want to listen to me?

Our society doesn't stand still, it's developing rapidly every day. And eSports is one of the sectors in modern society that will sooner or later affect each of us. And to be prepared for this, I think that my listeners should learn as much as possible.

- What single message would I want to put across?

Esports are not just computer games, but a wide circle of people with a large number of opportunities and common interests that can go to a higher level every day.

- What need in the audience do I want to have satisfied when I have finished speaking?

After my speech, I want people to stop thinking that I and all other people are fools who just like to play computer games. Many people of my age do this in order to succeed in serious competitions, the award for which reaches fabulous numbers.

- When they all walk away what state would I like them to leave in?

Perhaps I would like my audience to be encouraged and stop looking down on those who have other interests.


Are you waiting for my speech? Have you got any interest?


Комментарии