Physiological Reactoins to Stress or Fear of Public Speaking

This time, our task was to choose our reactions that occur to us during public speaking.

Нейробиологи выяснили: как глубокое дыхание влияет на мозг

My reaction is "Breaths become rapid"

When I give a public speech, very often my voice betrays my excitement. I begin to breathe more often, my voice trembles, sometimes I can stumble not because I don't remember the text but because I can't control my breath.

The body's need for a steady supply of oxygen requires rapid, shallow breathing, which cycles the largest volume of air in and out of the lungs.

I think that I need to work with breathing to make my performances sound better. To breathe calmer, I must fight my fears and weaknesses. I think I can do it! :)

What about you? What reactions do you have when you give a public speech?

Комментарии